Monday, March 21, 2011

Week 2 in the field

Family,

That's awesome about Jetta :) at least someone in the family has followed in my footsteps! You should record a tape of the family and stuff. Invite some friends to come talk on it. That would be awesome.
I miss Jetta like crazy. Well, I miss all of you but ya know. I've never really liked kids before. It was weird to love one.

Thanks for the addresses! I can't wait to hear about Jenson's call!

I e-mailed dad my cool story of the week. I'm sure he'll forward the e-mail home for you, but just in case he forgets. I don't really know what to write in these things. What do you want to hear?

Don't worry about the tsunami business here. We were evacuated and put on top of a hill. We had a clear view of the ocean and nothing even happend. The waves weren't even that big... I really wanted to see the pier get smashed.. We dressed up like Moses and pretended to be moving the water. Elder Nielsen pretended to send the wave back to Japan and we laughed.. but then they actually got hit.. So we blame it on Elder Nielsen. W

We have alot of fun in our apartment. Elder Mortenson and I are working on getting along. He doesn't appriciate my sense of humor.. so we're working on that one.

I've got a postcard sent that shows what I get to see on my morning runs. I think you'll be a little jealous.

I had my first exchanges this week. I was out a week and was playing senior campanion. It was tough. It was rough too.. But we got a new investigator so it couldn't have been too bad. I love in and out burger. It's a p-day tradition now. I'll send a picture home of our p-day agenda white board.

Well.. if there's anything you want to know just ask and I'll be happy to answer questions. We get an hour for computer use.. but we have to sneak into hotels because the librarys are closed mondays. anyway..

Love,
Elder Mortensen

No comments:

Post a Comment