Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Hey hey,

That's cool about Colton's thing. There's a lot of people here that are in the design business. I love how much variety in the people there is. It's really crazy. Our ward has a million dentists and oral surgeons it seems like, but there's tons of doctors, and several nuclear physicists. Those are my favorite dinner appointments.

As for the dinner appointments there hasn't really been anything weird at all. All I know is that whatever capers are... I don't like them. You should be proud of me though. I ate a tomato. It was tough. And I threw up when I got to the apartment. But I did it. We've had all kinds of chicken, and the people here seem to love asparagus. It grows wild here. And lots of steak and roast and things. One couple took us out to a place called AJ Spurs, I felt bad because they spent almost 150 bucks on dinner. There's a couple that gets offended if we buy our own milk or cereal so we get all that once a week. I don't have to cook hardly ever. I'm up to 180. So that's 20 pounds I've gained. Although quite a bit is from muscle because we walk like crazy.

Yeah, Elder Finkle, the crazy old guy/vehicle coordinator, is a retired postman so he knows the ins and outs and stuff. If you send it to the mission office, he forwards it with no charge to our apartments. That way we don't have to worry about giving out our address and stuff. Also, if you send packages, the preferred way is priority mail through the post office. He can forward those too. And there's special boxes that have locks and whatnot, so it won't get stolen.

My humor is getting better, or maybe they just understand it now. I'm not sure which is happening. Either way we get along better now and we have lots of fun in the apartment. A lot of fun. Maybe too much fun.. Nah.

That's also cool about the baptisms! I heard about them before I left but forgot about them. That's really awesome!

We have a lady who is set to be baptized on April 16th and confirmed April 17th. I'm stoked for that. So tell Caleb happy birthday.

Oh, random fact, Elder Mortenson and I have the same birthday! Crazy huh? His name is John Mortenson.

Elder Tomlinson should be sending the picture home soon. My camera is still broken so I haven't really taken alot of pictures. OH! There's a couple that are going to utah soon. I'm giving them our address and they are going to stop by y say hi sometime. I'm not sure when though. Sometime in the next two weeks.

Oh, I'm emailing today because weird stuff happened monday and I wasn't able to get to a computer, yesterday was training with President Murri then we had some appointments. We spend an hour a week on Mormon.org so we know what we're referring people to. If you haven't been on there I recommend it! There's lots of cool stuff there.

I might be switching Spanish speaking! I went on exchanges y stuff with the Spanish Elders and I really enjoyed it and could understand what was being said. So I've been reading the El Libro De Mormon. We'll just have to see what President says.

I've been playing the piano a ton. President thinks I can play anything so he just says hey play this so I have to sight read stuff. Which is nice because I'm learning that I'm a better sight reader than I thought.

Umm... I stoked about Jenson! There's an Elder that was in my MTC district from Waldorf Maryland. I don't know if that's in the DC mission or the Baltimore mission. I'm stoked.

There's a scripture in Alma 33. Verse 14. It talks about reading the scriptures y having a testimony of Christ. You can't have one without the other. I also really like Alma chapter 40-42. It talks about the resurrection and what we need to do.

The Atonement is crazy now that I better understand it. I'll send some crazy verses next time (if I remember). But they summarize the Atonement very well and tell us exactly what Jesus does on our behalf.

I know that Christ is our Savior y Redeemer, our Lord y our God. He is the only way to return to our Father in Heaven.
If you can find it I recommend a talk called "Why 1820?" by Hyrum W. Smith. He was the first California Ventura mission president Its dope.

Anyway, I need to go do the work,

Love,
Elder Mortensen

P.S. Dad, make everyone get up and have family scripture study. I like how we read the reference book as well. It makes it so much better to talk about the scriptures instead of just reading straight through them.
Plus it's pretty much a commandment so... yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment