Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Hey I'm in the mission now! I've been working for two days now. My companions name is Elder Kyle Perkins. He's from Cortez Colorado. He's 23 almost. He played basketball for U of U before he came out here.
He's awesome and we really get along well. We live in an apartment with two other missionaries. We're in a place called Pismo Beace. It's about 20 minutes north of Santa Maria. Its so beautiful here. I wish a could give you a snapshot of the window I'm looking out of.

We've been teaching like crazy actually. We have 5 baptisms lined up, all within the next two weeks! Jasmine, Jaden, and Lilly are sisters.
Their dad is a member and they've been taking lessons with their stepmom. She doesn't seem to interested. She seems to be doing it for her kids mostly.
Claudia Kennedy and Susie Seviour are mother and daughter. Susie was adopted and they've been taking lessons. I haven't met with them yet.

We met with a lady today that pretty much believes the plan of salvation, but instead of being ressurected we come back to earth and are reincarnated. It was a tough conversation. We are considering her a new investigator though.

This place is so crazy. Our apartments are pretty sketchy but the people there know who we are and watch out for us. They always ask why were out after dark and stuff. It's really cool. Um..... I don't know what else to write right now.

The members here are super awesome about dinner. We have dinner EVERY night with members so we don't have to worry about that. We share a car with the other set of Elders but they have it everyday because their area is farther. Sometime I need to get a bike, but not for this area. We walk alot and I love it.

We'll I'll keep you updated and stuff. Monday is my P-day but Elder Perkins didn't get to email monday and neither did I so we stopped really quick.

Got to go do some tracting!

Love you,
Elder Mortensen

No comments:

Post a Comment