Thursday, August 4, 2011

July 25th, 2011

Howdy howdy howdy,



Things are awesome here. Just as good as ever. It was a tough week last week. We had a few trips to Ventura that couldn't be avoided so it was hard to get work done. Blah. Elder Partner knows the Book of Mormon almost as well as the Bible. He has a semiphotographic memory so he memorizes things really really fast. Its kinda crazy.



That stinks about the computer crashing. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.



I figured that you were in the Uintas when I didn't get an email. I knew it was about that time. It was weird missing it. I knew I was missing it but I didn't really miss it. I didn't really miss sleeping in the tent because the air here is just a clean as mountain air, and I've been sleeping on the floor alot because my back has been giving me problems. I didn't miss fishing because I can do that on P-day at the lake. And I definitely didn't miss the weather because its about the same here. So the only thing missing is dutch oven food (which I had last month from a member) and family. I was wondering when Jetta would start warming up to dogs. If I remember right she was terrified before I left. Is copper living at grandmas with them? Or is he still at home?



Girls camp sounded like a lot of fun. I've always wanted to go but for some reason I never could... I still haven't figured it out. I figured that you would have way more than enough food. It always happens :) I'm sure you just pulled out the camping bible and used that as a reference. That would make it easier I'm sure. And you better be careful mom... You could be IN that new presidency! haha.



200 miles. That's a long way. How many legs does he have? And how long are they? How many people are on the team? That's crazy. I've seen people out here with ragnar stickers. They always seem surprised when I know what ragnar is. It's fun surprising people. I love being a nerd because I can talk with people on almost any subject. It makes befriending people easier.



Speaking of meeting people out here.. Remember Sheila Aardema? However you spell it.. Well I met her cousin! Eric Yakey is his name. It was way cool to take about it and stuff. And guess who else I met our here?! Mrs. Lyon.... Of all the people I could have met in California it had to be Mrs. Lyon. She even reminded me of how good a student I was. "You were such a good student, you must be an outstanding missionary!" It was so hard not to laugh. I told Elder Partner all about our fun english classes together. I'm surprised she's still on this side of the veil.



That's wierd that school is starting up again. That's two years I've been out of school now. Weird. Coltons a senior and Calebs a freshman. Colton and I could overlap our missions depending on when he gets called. That would be weird too. His Bday was while you were camping too. Tell him happy bday for me.



The new area is tough because its filled with SUPER rich people. Disgustingly wealthy people. You can almost smell the pride in the air. But nevertheless Elder Partner and I have a baptism on saturday! We're stoked. And this week we're are going to ask one of our investigators to be baptized. This kid is 16 and he comes to church by himself. He's even been trying to get his family to come. Soooo he's pretty much a member. He even has his own scripture case and all that fun stuff. Hopefully he'll be baptized soon.



I totally forgot about President and Sister Murri's thing. Tell me how it goes. It will be interesting to hear what he talks about. Elder Perkins will probably be there. you'll meet alot of people that have kids in the mission.



It's good to be out here. I'm having fun and the time is flying! 6 months almost. It seems like yesterday I was in highschool. Crazy. It's only getting faster. Especially if I go to Bakersfield.



Anyway. I love you guys. Have fun and be safe and all that mushy stuff. When do you speak in sacrament meeting about me? The only reason I remember that is because some lady talked about her son yesterday in church.



Love you,

Elder J. Garth Mortensen

No comments:

Post a Comment