Thursday, August 4, 2011

August 2, 2011

Hey,



So alot has happened in this last week. I have named it,"The week from you-know-where". Elder Partner did something with his last companion that got him in enough trouble to bo transferred missions. So he's now serving in the Seattle Washington Mission. So that went down. I got put in another tripanionship with the Moorpark Elder's. So my new companions are Elder Marquez and Elder Jensen. Elder Marquez is from Maryland and Elder Jensen is from Pleasant Grove. Elder jensen and I know alot of the same people. So that's cool to talk about people.



Long story short, I've been covering 4 wards. It's been super tough trying to balance all the meetings. The Moorpark 1st ward and the T.O. 2nd ward meet at the same time(9 a.m.) in two different buildings. Then the Moorpark 2nd ward meets where the T.O. 2nd ward met and the T.O. 1st ward meets in a building 15 minutes away. And those two start at 12:30. So it's really hectic trying to get to all the meetings we have to be to plus balancing the dinner calendars and the other things. The good part is we have more work now. We don't have to focus on finding so much because out workloads got added together. So that's really nice.



We had a baptism last saturday and I had the oppotunity to baptize him. He's an ex-firefighter. He had an accident with a fire and went into a coma for 2 months. He had a frontal labotomy and woke up from the coma, but he came out a different person. So he's started his own company that took off way fast. So I got to baptized a multi-millionaire :) He's pretty cool. He's moving soon though. So we won't get to see him anymore.



That's been my crazy week.



Yeah, I was honest about you and dad. I've learned alot about how much you two have actually don't for me in the last few months. It's weird how much a mission opens your eyes to how things really are. It's quite an adjustment. I'm still working on adjusting to everything new. Its crazy. I have a lot to talk about when I get home. There's going to be some good conversations. Elder Perkins was amazing. I wish I would've understood how great he was when we were companions. I would've worked alot harder. He was everything a missionary should be. Bold but not overbearing. Full of charity. A great work ethic. Crazy. He taught me a lot.



I'm not sure what happened to Amanda Mayo's letter. The address is still the same. Elder Finkle wouldn't have sent it to A.G. He stops sending mail a few days before transfers. If she sends it again it should get to me. BUT... Our mission office is moving sometime soon. So my address is going to change. I'll let you know what it is when the move happens. I'm not entirely sure when it's happening.



What were Joe and Kaila doing in Arizona? Was it there family vacation or something? Andrew James is a pretty good name. Not like it matters what I think haha. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about sharing my bday. It would be cool. But at the same time not so much. I don't know. I guess I couldn't tell you till it actually happens. I'll bet that was hard for Joe to give  up Copper. And how does Copper feel about it?



Yeah Colton is kinda crazy. I hope he does well. Let me know how everything goes and all that jazz.



Yes Mrs Lyon is the one that I didn't get along with. She's the one who said I had a slight social issue.



Shelia Aardema's cousin is probably in his 50's or something. I'm not sure. But he's got a 20 something year old daughter and all that jazz. He lives here in Santa Rosa. Where do Skip and Tina live? I think the town name is Castaic. I don't know if that's technically in our mission. It would be cool to see them or something.



Welll, I'll let you know how things are next week. We're working hard and having fun. :) 6 companions in less than 6 months. I'm going to set a record or something. Leave it to me to do everything the hard way :)



Love you

Elder J. Garth Mortensen

No comments:

Post a Comment