Tuesday, April 19, 2011

April 12, 2011

Mom,

I was jsut telling dad how it's 60 something degrees here. How people look at me like I'm crazy for wearing short sleeved shirts and stuff. I should've only brought 2 long sleeved. I have to wear a long sleeve on Sundays (unless its 80 degress then it comes off), and in meetings line district and zone meetings. I never have my jackets on. That's Crazy about the potential flooding and such. If it happens be sure to send me pictures.

Speaking of pictures, I can attach pictures in these emails, so if I get a USB card reader I can plug my camera card in and send you pictures. We've got several pictures to send and things. Nothing too special though. You'll see.

I'm glad to hear about Jenson and Gatlin. I think Jenson going will help with the family situation. I'm glad he's made the choice to go.

They made a good choice in asking you. All you have to do is pull out your camping bible and you're set. I'll bet it wasn't even that hard to plan. Those girls are lucky. I've actually had dutch oven apple cobler here. And we had taco salad for dinner last night. But they're not the same.

That's great to hear about that program! I know that if you stick to what Dr. Friden says, that the Lord will bless you for your efforts. Plus, you have to support of your friends and family. That's part of the covenants that we make. I know there's not much support I can give from here but if it helps, I'm eating your share of calories. I've gained 25 pounds since I left. I'm up to 185. My pants are starting to not fit.

Big Aaron is crazy. We're going over for family nights every monday night. We've been talking about conference and I think it's really starting to help. It's really weird to see myself become an answer to someones prayers. I think he's going to start coming back to church with his family. His wife is one tough cookie though. It might take her a little while to forgive herself and come back.

I need my back brace. I don't know where it's at. I would like a tape of family and friends talking. That would be really cool. Other than that I don't really know right now. I'll think about it a little during the week and let you know.

We went to a pentecostal church the other day. We witnessed people being "healed" from the preacher smacking there forheads and such. The preacher claimed he had seen Christ and all kinds of things. He claimed that once he started preaching he would become Christ. It was... interesting. Some random guy came up to Elder Mortenson the Elder and prophesying to him. Weird stuff about his mother and things. Then another lady came up to us to ask us who we were because we had light shining from our eyes. That she could see the love of Christ coming out of us. That was really humbling to hear. We're counting her as a new investigator and we're meeting with her soon.

I've got about 20 minutes still so you can email me if you're there.

I love you mom.
Love,
-Elder J. Garth Mortensen

No comments:

Post a Comment